September 14, 2009
"Job Loss Stress"By: Dekesha Grannum
Have you lost, or think you'll be losing your job?.....It's one of the worst feelings. You're suddenly faced with job loss stress, as money, family and bills run through your head.
Although it may be hard to see now, you can get through this! You've suffered a life changing blow, but you don't have to crumble into a ball of stress because of it.
STOP, BREATHE, THINK...
- Deciding you are not going to be a victim is the first step....take time to stop and gather your thoughts. You don't want to make decisions when your head is not clear. You want to focus on one thing at a time to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
SECURE YOUR HEALTH CARE BENEFITS...
- Get information on continuing your benefits. This is usually available through a program called COBRA. Benefits are available through this program if you have coverage through your employer at the time of the separation.
FILE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT...
- You will need to visit your local unemployment office to make sure you get information on receiving unemployment benefits available to you.
USE JOB LOSS RESOURCES...
- You're not alone in this, others have been in your position before. Tap into the resources that are out there to help you move forward.
A BLESSING IN DISGUISE?
- Is there something you've always wanted to do, but never had the opportunity to pursue it? Many people who have been layed off surprisingly found it to be a blessing. Take some time and soul search to see if this will be an opportunity for a new door to be opened.
UPDATE YOUR RESUME...
- If you are going to be immediately seeking employment, you want to make sure it's an accurate reflection of your work history and abilities. Resume writing resources may be worth looking into. It's usually the first thing people will see that represents you....first impressions are lasting ones.
HEADING BACK TO SCHOOL?
- Have you decided you want to change your career and go back to school? Here are some resources to help you on your way:
Right now, positive thinking, and a stress relief method that works best for you is important. These will help you move forward by keeping your stress levels in check. Options like laughing, aromatherapy, music , and exercise relief are quick and easy ways to escape from job loss stress.
Top of "Job Loss Stress"
NOTE: The content of this website is for informational purposes only. Consult a physician before attempting any of the natural stress relief options listed.