Herbal stress relief is becoming a popular method for natural stress relief.
If you are one of the many becoming more concerned with the side effects of chemicals and drugs, this could be an option for you. It's been used for centuries, and is starting to regain popularity.
It's not to be confused with a quick fix, as it does take time for you to see the full balancing effect. Herbal stress relief works best with meditation and focus oriented stress relievers like yoga.
Herbs used come in several different forms....
The herbs can be used either in the single form (one at a time), or combination form.
Here are some popular herbs used.....
- internally: Works as a sedative and pain reducer. Is used to treat anxiety, tension and irritability. Helps to ease fibrositis, sciatica and rheumatic pains.
- externally: Has anti-inflammatory and healing effects. Used to speed healing of bruises, wounds and sun burns.
- internally: Is as a circulatory stimulant and nerve soother. Has a calming effect on digestion, and relieves headaches and migraines.
- externally: Used to ease muscle pain. The oil form can be used to stimulate hair growth in premature baldness.
- internally: Relieves headaches and migraines. Can also help with arthritis when in the active stage. Can relieve painful menstruation.
- internally: Used for insomnia and nervousness. Most commonly used for it's soothing effect.
- PASSION FLOWER
- internally: Used to calm the nerves, making it helpful for anxiety. It's also used for pain relief and sleep disorders.
- KAVA KAVA
- internally: Used to relieve tension, anxiety and insomnia
- externally: Used to treat joint pain, mouth sores and toothaches.
- internally: Is popularly used for calming, and aids in achieving natural sleep. Some other uses are for colds, allergies and headaches.
- externally: Helps with scalp conditions, arthritis and rheumatism.
- A natural way to relieve stress
- Is fairly inexpensive
- Can be used to relieve stress related symptoms
- Herbs can interact with other medicines, so it's important to check with your doctor before starting any herbal treatment.
- There are few medical studies to support their benefits
Herbal stress relief is only one of the natural stress relief methods available. Click here to learn about some others.
Top of "Herbal Stress Relief "
NOTE: The content of this website is for informational purposes only. Consult a physician before attempting any of the natural stress relief options listed.